Wednesday 23 May 2012

taking the biscuit

Ok, don't look now but I think we have now had what I call two "textbook sunny" days.
This makes me happy,

Bar-b-q-ing with my sister, burning stuff in her wood burner, doing a bit of gardening with her, whilst drinking Lambrini and listening to xfm. Yea I've had worse days if I'm honest.

Pre bar-b-q-ing there was two solid hours of looking for and applying for jobs.
Which lets face it isn't as straight forward as it used to be. Remember the good old days where you just photocopied your CV and dropped one in every shop in your high street. That got me a job nine times out of ten. Oh no not these days, do that now and they wont have it. You have to do it all on line. Which is far more time consuming. You have to google who you want to work for and go to the careers bit and look for vacancies, but alas no. None in this area and so hence you fill in the thing with your email address. Only for them to spend the day emailing me lots of jobs I'd love, but jobs nowhere near me.  The swines.

After my two hour of job hunting it was gym time.

Am loving the gym at the moment. Its got to the point now where my body has got very used to its regular workouts. If i go more than say four days without one i feel my body start to yearn for exercise. It doesn't seem like such hard work, which i suppose is why you have to keep upping your exercises and changing the weights you lift.  I have been going to the gym for two solid years now. I wish now I'd taken some photographs to compare and contrast what i look like now.

Shame.

I know the diet you should be eating, (and i think 85 percent of the time I eat a pretty healthy and stringent diet. I've read allot of articles. I've seen exercise programmes. I've learnt of other people copying some parts of other peoples workout programmes.

All of this learning and adapting, this research and planning of exercises have and will continue to not change one fundamental thing in me.

Which is my FAMOUSLY SWEET TOOTH.

I love sweet things

Yogurts, Chocolate, Biscuits, Cake........

Before i started the gym i used to be one of those people who idea of a treat was walking to the shop, buying 2 packets of double chip Maryland cookies and eating them in one sitting. Dunking each one lovingly in full cream milk. (a pint of)

Not only did i used to do this on a VERY  regular basis. But i also didn't consider the amount of calories that was in one go. But most importantly. I enjoyed it enough that i in NO WAY FELT EVEN SLIGHTLY GUILTY.

Thinking about this now is bizarre.

I haven't done that for a very long time. I had a couple of biscuit binges this year, two stand out. it was more about trying to cheer myself up than greed. it didn't work. you finish off the packet and feel so guilty.

I still eat biscuits don't get me wrong. But now I'll have say four or 5 biccies dipped in just enough semi skimmed milk to cover them.  Which i consider to be almost saintly behaviour given my previous biscuit indulgences.

My mother tells me a little of what you fancy does you good, which i suppose in theory. But i find the will power to take a couple of biscuits and put the rest back hard to bare. It is mainly because i live with my parents.

My mum buys an alarming amount of cakes sweet crisps chocolate and sweet goods. All stored in the naughty cupboard next to the microwave. I've been living back at home for about seven months. I had forgotten the naughty cupboard was this naughty. My dad is a gardener and after dinner sits in front of the tele with the biscuit tin and a cup of coffee. he'll do a packet of crisps nay bother. my mum says he needs the extra calories because his job is so physically deamanding. time will tell i suppose.

 In my old house I'd have one packet of biscuits in at at a time. No crisps. Never been bothered. My friend ADORES CRISPS. No chocolate. (Occasionally i may treat self to a bounty bar, well its coconut mainly isn't it. Actually a very small amount of choc involved in bounty bars.)

 Beer of course. Nothing disguises your 1500 sit up a week earnt abs more than a beer belly. Which i also do not have, but i am intrigued. IF  i did give up drinking,  EXACTLY  how much difference would it make. And how fast would the difference be noticeable.

Defiantly something to ponder.

That's all for now.

More coming soon.

M. X

x





No comments:

Post a Comment