Wednesday 16 May 2012

notty nose

Greetings earthlings.

so last Friday I rang my local tattoo/piercing studios and said "Hello, any space for a nose piercing today?"
"Yes come down now" they replied.

So i did.

Not being a stranger to piercings i knew what to expect. I've had dermal anchors for many a year. There's always the moment when having a piercing when you consider the pain you're about to go through. I'm OK with needles. But it IS  a nose piercing and piercings that go through cartilage usually hurt. More.
so the time came, i counted down.........and in it went.

I didn't make a noise, just breathed deeply as told to by the lady. It CANED for like 2 seconds.
Bought a tear to my eye!

They then put the ring in, which was huge.
Apparently its because the hole needs to be bigger, so when you get the ring changed down it has room to move.

Am 5 days in now. And its starting to settle down now. Although i canny wait to get a smaller ring in it. One thing i noticed within a matter of hours is how much i touch my nose. And also how i realised. i cant put my finger up my nose anymore. Not that I'm really a nose picker, but now there is no room for it.

So the question I've been thinking all week is how do people with nose rings pick/clean their nostrils. Answer = you get a cotton bud and wrap a wet wipe round it.

Clean as a whistle!



Its been a week of worrying, I am a worrier. I cant help it.
A trait that has been subliminally handed down to me from my mother. Rather expertly if i may so.

I always say to her, she is the 'Olympic gold medalist' of worriers. To be around her when she is in worry mode is exhausting. I tell her she is wasting her energy, that worrying will do her ultimately no good. And yet i am exactly the same.

Its all to do with boredom. The kind of genuine frustration led boredom that only comes with unemployment.

When i had a job a bout 5/6 months a go i took pride and told the world, my name is...............i work as..............etc.

Its what people do.
It defines who we are, to a certain extent anyways.

This week alone i have encountered two people with whom i have had conversations about employment or lack there of. Yesterday on the bus this happened.

Lady; Hello how are you
Me; Yes OK thanks
Lady; Are you working?
Me; No not at the moment, got laid of from my last job

I always wander why this woman ALWAYS asks if I'm working.
Not "Hello, how are you  you look well" or "Hello, hows your family"

I swear one of these days, when she says "Hello, are you working?
I'm going to smile back sarcastically and say something like "Yes I'm a rent boy, I'm loving it. Its very lucrative. Then give her a business card and tell her to give it around to anyone she felt may require my services or "Yes I'm a lawyer!" or something more inventive. Ideas in the comments below people? Discuss.

The second was a man, who always says hello. He at least asks after my general well being before out comes the obligatory "Hows work these days?" Now see here in lay my dilemma. Admit the job has ended OR pretend i am still at the job.

For some reason i could not bring my self to say it. So i smiled and said "Good thanks, still there." To which the man smiled and said "Oh that's good, well working seems to agree with you, you seem quite happy these days."

This is because i do the great British thing of keep calm and carry on. Endeavouring to but a "brave face" on not having a job. Because really that's what people expect of you isn't it. To keep up appearances in the face of adversity.

So i applied for three jobs last week, and applied for three today.

Hopefully i will be hired by some one soon.

Until then i shall be keeping calm and carrying on.

Thanks for reading
Bye for now.

M. x




1 comment:

  1. I get royally fucked off when people ask if I drive...

    Me 'I don't drive, I'm sht at it'

    People 'You must drive!'

    Me 'I'm shit at it'

    People 'But you must'

    Me 'seriously I take the bus, leave me alone now, evil driver'

    xxx

    ReplyDelete